A special opportunity for those interested in the recording industry is available on Tues. March 23 at at MesaCommunity College.The event, “How To Market & License Music For Film & TV,” is part of a series presented by The National Association of Record Industry Professionals (NARIP) and sponsored by MCC’s Music Business Program and the Music Industry Club.
The event features four experts who have collectively secured thousands of music placements. They will share strategies on how to pitch and place music in television and films as well as in movie trailers, video games and advertising.
(This photo is from previous NARIP event at MCC. Jason Feinberg from On Target Media Group gives tips to attendees Trina and Joey.)
This week's event:
How To Market & License Music For Film & TV
- Michael Davenport, CEO, Expressive Artists
- David Hilker, CEO, Whirled Music Publishing, Inc.
- Cindy Rosmann, Owner, Fuze Artz LLC
- Les Scott, Director of Catalog Licensing, Source Q Boutique and NARIP Board Member
- How to prepare a recording to increase impact and marketability
- What music buyers look for and how to approach them
- Making the pitch: necessary elements
- Important deal points and legal documents required
- Budgets and fee ranges
- Things to avoid
- Closing the deal
- How a recording and song is owned
- Typical flow of earnings from a TV placement
- How to get paid
BONUS: Sample license agreement will be distributed at event.
, Tuesday, March 23
MCC’s Southern and Dobson Campus, Navajo Room, KirkStudentCenter
1833 W. Southern Ave. Mesa
Get more details and register now at www.narip.com
Established in 1998 and based in Los Angeles with chapters in New York, San Francisco, Phoenix, Houston, Las Vegas and London, the National Association of Record Industry Professionals promotes career advancement, education and good will among record executives.